Thursday 26 July 2018

The funny side!

It’s been about four years since I last posted anything to this blog so I am more than a little rusty! For starters, I eventually managed to log in after several incorrect password attempts! The next stage of course is to try to write something new.  Obviously I got there eventually otherwise you wouldn’t be reading this.  However, could I find where to click to add a new post? No. You would think that a big orange box with the words ‘new post’ written in it would be fairly obvious but not to me! I looked all over the screen but could find nothing.  Eventually I called on my sister, who lives across many seas, to help me.  When she pointed out where I needed to press, I couldn’t believe I had missed it! This incident just goes to show the difficulty that low vision poses.  What is obvious to most people is not always obvious to us.

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I have that struggle all the time. Another thing that happens with me is that I increase the size of the text without using the magnifier, so I lose the button that I need.

    Write more often. Both the sighted and low vision community need to hear about the challenges of low vision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan for your insights. You have motivated me to write another post. Hope you enjoy it.

      Delete